Thursday 7 September 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Ferrante and Kirill Vladimirovich Molchanov.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1922 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Arthur Ferrante: Pianist / composer (Ferrante & Tachere-Exodus).
- Kirill Vladimirovich Molchanov: Composer.
- David Croft: British script writer and creator of some of the funniest and most beloved British TV comedy series.
- Catherine Harle: French business owner of the Paris Model Agency and translator of the 4th edition of "The Inner Guide Meditation Book" into French.
- Lucien Jarraud: Quebec radio host for nearly 50 years.
- In Aydin, Turkey, independence of Aydin, from Greek occupation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- In May Time (I Learned to Love) - Edwin Dale
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Neath the South Sea Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Hot Lips
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?