Tuesday 24 October 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Miller .
Oliver Twist, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1922 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- George Miller: American educator and politician Mayor of Tucson (d. 2014).
- George Cadbury: British chocolate and cocoa manufacturer (Born 1839).
- German parliament mandates Ebert President until July 1925
- Irish Parliament adopts a constitution for an Irish Free State
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Indiana Home - Marion Harris
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Gallagher & Shean
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra