Sunday 17 September 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Naomi Datta and Ursula Howells.
Manslaughter, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1922 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Naomi Datta: Geneticist.
- Ursula Howells: London, England -- Actress (Girly, Murder is Announced).
- Vance Bourjaily: American journalist, novelist and university professor who wrote of American life in various post WWII periods in America.
- Agostinho Neto: Angolan poet and politician 1st President of Angola (d. 1979).
- Bicyclist Piet Moeskops becomes world sprint champ
- Radio Moscow begins transmitting (12 KWs-most powerful station).
- Dutch cyclist Piet Moeskops becomes World Champion Sprinter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of Persia - Edwin Dale
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Ethel Waters Jazz Masters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?