Friday 8 September 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sid Caesar and Danny Dorrian.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1922 ?
- Sid Caesar: American comic actor and writer, best known for the pioneering 1950s live audience television series, Your Show of Shows and Caesar's Hour, which influenced generations of comedians.
- Danny Dorrian: Scottish jazz pianist who started playing the harmonica from age four and by age seven had passed all exams set by the London School of Music.
- James Breedlove: Franklin Military man.
- Etienne Leclercq: Roubaix physician.
- Lyndon LaRouche: American politician and activist founded the LaRouche movement.
- Royston Tickner: English actor (d. 1997)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- In May Time (I Learned to Love) - Edwin Dale
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Neath the South Sea Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Hot Lips
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?