Saturday 16 September 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Mouloudji and Janis Paige.
The Arsonist, directed by Brenton Spencer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1922 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Marcel Mouloudji: French singer and actor (Born 1922).
- Janis Paige: American actress, a leading lady with operatic voice training.
- Guy Hamilton (film director)
- Jacques Brenner
- Michel Potie: Armenti?res physician.
- Guy Hamilton: French-English director and screenwriter.
- 42nd US Mens Tennis: Bill Tilden beats W M Johnston (46 36 62 63 64)
- Turkish troops chase Greeks out of Asia
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of Persia - Edwin Dale
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Ethel Waters Jazz Masters