Saturday 16 September 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janis Paige and Marcel Mouloudji.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1922 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Janis Paige: American actress, a leading lady with operatic voice training.
- Marcel Mouloudji: French singer and actor (Born 1922).
- Michel Potie: Armenti?res physician.
- Guy Hamilton: French-English director and screenwriter.
- 42nd US Mens Tennis: Bill Tilden beats W M Johnston (46 36 62 63 64)
- Turkish troops chase Greeks out of Asia
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song of Persia - Edwin Dale
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Ethel Waters Jazz Masters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?