Saturday 23 September 1922US date format: 9/23/1922, UK date format: 23/9/1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philip Owen Arnould Sherrard and Carl Prytz.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Gary J. Tunnicliffe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1922 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Philip Owen Arnould Sherrard: Scholar Theologian poet / translator.
- Carl Prytz: Norwegian poet, novelist, essayist, playwright, translator, radio personality, and literary critic.
- James Holloway: Charleston Military man.
- Louise Latham: American actress.
- B Brechts Drum in the Night, premieres in Germany
- In Washington D. C., Charles Evans Hughes signs the Hughes-Peynado agreement, that ends the occupation of Dominican Republic by the United States.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hot Lips - Cotton Pickers
- Sunshine Alley - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Vaughn De Leath