Thursday September 14, 1922
US date format: 9/14/1922, UK date format: 14/9/1922
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Michel Auclair and Marcel Niedergang.
The Arsonist, directed by Brenton Spencer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 14, 1922?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 14, 1922?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ethel Waters Jazz Masters - Spread Yo' Stuff
- Edwin Dale - Song of Persia