Friday September 01, 1922
US date format: 9/1/1922, UK date format: 1/9/1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Vittorio Gassman and Yvonne de Carlo.
The Egg, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1922?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
- New York City law requires all "pool" rooms to change name to "billards".
- Vittorio Gassman: Italian actor, onscreen from 1946 in...
- Yvonne de Carlo
- Melvin R Laird (Representative-Republican-Michigan): US Secretary of Defense (1969-73).
- Balthasar Woll: German Nazi military.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1922?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Neath the South Sea Moon
- Edwin Dale - In May Time (I Learned to Love)
- Carl Fenton & His Orchestra - Parade of the Wooden Soldiers