Thursday 25 September 1947US date format: 9/25/1947, UK date format: 25/9/1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 25, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cheryl Tiegs and Firmine Richard.
Nightmare Alley, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seven Arts Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Cheryl Tiegs: American model and cover girl, one of the first great supermodels of the '70s.
- Firmine Richard: French actress.
- Cecil Womack: American musician, a songwriter and lyricist who started out with his brothers in an R&B quartet.
- John Fiddler: England, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (British Lions).
- Giannos Kranidiotis: Greek politician and diplomat (d. 1999).
- Cheryl Tiegs in Minnesota: USA; model's figure.
- Jacques Garcia: French architect, interior designer and garden designer, best known for his contemporary interiors of Paris hotels and restaurants.