Monday 25 July 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bantubonke Holomisa and Miguel Cardoso.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Street, directed by Maxwell Shane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while From My Experience by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1955 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Bantubonke Holomisa: Minister of Defense of Transkei (1988- ).
- Miguel Cardoso: Portuguese writer, a journalist, conservative essayist and translator.
- Charles Wright: Canadian adventurer, Antarctic explorer and scientist.
- Iman Abdulmajid: Somali model.
- Iman : Somalian-English model and actress.
- Randall Bewley: American guitarist and songwriter (Pylon and Supercluster) (d. 2009)
- Kike Elomaa: Finnish bodybuilder singer and politician
- Tom McCamus: Canadian actor
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?