Wednesday 25 August 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert "Gibus" Duclos-Lassalle and Martin Jourard.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while A Time To Love And A Time To Die by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mickey Rooney Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Gilbert "Gibus" Duclos-Lassalle: French cyclist.
- Martin Jourard: keyboardist/vocalist (Motels - "Only the Lonely").
- John Savage in Old Bethpage: New York, USA; actor (Jim Malloy - Gibbsville).
- Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle: French road racing cyclist, who was a specialist at one-day classic cycling races.
- James Wallace: Scottish politician, a Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Elvis Costello: Rock Singer
- Jim Wallace: Baron Wallace of Tankerness Scottish lawyer and politician First Minister of Scotland
- Ivan Filin wins Berne marathon (2:25:26.6) (260m)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?