Saturday 25 August 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Aitken and Takeshi Okada.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Matt Aitken: rocker (Stock Aitken and Waterman - "Road Block").
- Takeshi Okada: Japanese footballer coach and manager.
- Henri Toivonen: Finnish race car driver (d. 1986).
- Alfred Kinsey: American biologist, entomologist, and human behaviorist, Kinsey was the first to research and study human sexual behavior by interviewing thousands of men and women.
- To make room for Enos Slaughter, New York Yanks release Phil Rizzuto
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?