Saturday 25 August 1956US date format: 8/25/1956, UK date format: 25/8/1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 25, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Aitken and Takeshi Okada.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bus Stop, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Birth Of Britain by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Matt Aitken: rocker (Stock Aitken and Waterman -...
- Takeshi Okada: Japanese footballer coach and manager.
- Henri Toivonen: Finnish race car driver (d. 1986).
- Alfred Kinsey: American biologist, entomologist, and...
- To make room for Enos Slaughter, New York Yanks release Phil Rizzuto
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?