Tuesday 25 December 1906, ChristmasUS date format: 12/25/1906, UK date format: 25/12/1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William McChesney and Herman J Scheltema [NEM Pareau].
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1906 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Herman J Scheltema [NEM Pareau]: Dutch jurist / poet.
- William McChesney: Martin Chairman of Federal Reserve Bank (1951-70).
- Clark M: Clifford US Secretary of Defense (1968-69).
- Lew Grade: British TV mogul (ATV) / movie producer (Boys from Brazil).
- Ernst Ruska: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1988).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Moon Has His Eyes on You - Ada Jones
- Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game - Len Spencer & Ada Jones