Saturday 25 January 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Witold Lutoslawski and Marcel Haedrich.
Bärenringkampf, directed by Joseph Delmont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while V.V.'s Eyes by Henry Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1913 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Witold Lutoslawski
- Marcel Haedrich: France Writer.
- Huang Hua: Chinese translator and politician 5th Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China (d. 2010).
- Witold Lutosławski: Polish composer and conductor (d. 1994).
- Luis Marden: American photographer and journalist (d. 2003).
- Vido Musso: Italian-American jazz musician, a tenor sax clarinetist who played jazz with the greats such as Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, Harry James and Woody Herman.
- Witold Lutoslaski: Polish composer and orchestral conductor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Homeland - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Row! Row! Row! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Ghost of the Violin - Peerless Quartet
- Oh Promise Me - Alan Turner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?