Sunday 25 December 1921, Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Cabouat and Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah.
Tol'able David, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1921!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1921 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Jean-Pierre Cabouat: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Libya (1975-1979) and Canada (1984-1987).
- Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah: Indian-Pakistani journalist and author (d. 2000).
- Steve Otto: Polish-Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1989).