Sunday 25 December 1921, Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Cabouat and Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah.
Der Film ohne Namen, directed by Georg Alexander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1921 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Jean-Pierre Cabouat: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Libya (1975-1979) and Canada (1984-1987).
- Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah: Indian-Pakistani journalist and author (d. 2000).
- Steve Otto: Polish-Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1989).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Saturday - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?