Friday 23 December 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clara Auteri and Guy Beaulne.
Orphans of the Storm, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Sheik by Edith M. Hull was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1921!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1921 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Clara Auteri: Italian theatre and film actress.
- Guy Beaulne: French-Canadian actor and theatre director (Born 1921).
- Visva-Bharati University is inaugurated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Say It with Music - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Beale Street Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?