Wednesday 21 December 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alica Alonso and James Tye.
Orphans of the Storm, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Mysterious Rider by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1921 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Alica Alonso: Havana, Cuba -- Ballerina.
- James Tye: Safety expert.
- John Severin: American comics artist.
- Joan Dickson: Scottish cellist who studied in Rome and Paris, making a debut recital in London, 1953.
- Augusto Monterroso: Honduran writer who adopted Guatemalan nationality, known for the ironical and humorous style of his short stories.
- Alicia Alonso: Cuban ballerina and choreographer founded the Cuban National Ballet
- Robert Lipshutz: American attorney and counsel to the Carter Adminisrtation (Born 1921)
- P B S Pinchback major Reconstruction politician: dies at age 84.
- Supreme Court rules labor injunctions and picketing unconstitutional
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beale Street Blues - Marion Harris
- Say It with Music - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?