Wednesday 21 December 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Augusto Monterroso and Maila Nurmi.
Tol'able David, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1921!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1921 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Augusto Monterroso: Honduran writer who adopted Guatemalan nationality, known for the ironical and humorous style of his short stories.
- Maila Nurmi
- Joan Dickson: Scottish cellist who studied in Rome and Paris, making a debut recital in London, 1953.
- Alicia Alonso: Cuban ballerina and choreographer founded the Cuban National Ballet.
- Alica Alonso: Havana, Cuba -- Ballerina.
- Robert Lipshutz: American attorney and counsel to the Carter Adminisrtation (Born 1921).
- James Tye: Safety expert.
- John Severin: American comics artist.
- P B S Pinchback major Reconstruction politician: dies at age 84.
- Supreme Court rules labor injunctions and picketing unconstitutional