Saturday 25 December 1920, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Artur Agostinho and Henry Charnock.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1920 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Artur Agostinho: Lisbon, Portugal -- Actor (Capas Negras, Leao da Estrela).
- Henry Charnock: oceanographer.
- William Bordelon: American military hero, a United States Marine who served in combat during World War II.
- Aldo Puccinelli: Italian soccer player, who holds the record of league apparences with Lazio (339).
- The Rosicrucian Fellowship's spiritual healing temple ''The Ecclesia'' is founded at Mount Ecclesia, Oceanside, California.
- Hydrocodone, a narcotic analgesic closely related to codeine is first synthesized in Germany.