Tuesday 25 January 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Reed and Russell Reading.
The Kid, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Brimming Cup by Dorothy Canfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1921 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Alfred Reed: composer.
- Russell Reading: Braddon Australian author.
- Samuel T Cohen: American physicist (d. 2010).
- Samuel Cohen: American physicist and academic (d. 2010).
- Mykola Dmytrovich Leontovych composer: dies at age 43.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All She'd Say was Umh-Hum - Van & Schenck
- Waiting for the Sun to Come Out - Lambert Murphy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?