Monday 5 December 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis de Froment and George Henderson.
Genuine, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1921!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1921 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Louis de Froment
- George Henderson: Priest / politician.
- Peter Hansen: Oakland, California -- Actor (Mr Parkson-Mr Novak, General Hospital).
- Louis Froment: French musician, the Conductor of the Orchestre de la Radio et télévision française, 1949, of the Casino de Vichy 1954-69, of the Opéra de Paris, 1957-60 and of the RTL from 1958.
- James Hayes: American politician who served as Los Angeles County Supervisor representing the 4th district and in the California State Legislature.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sally, Won't You Come Back? - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?