Friday 25 January 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Groza and Lou "The Toe" Groza AAFC.
The Little Napoleon, directed by Georg Jacoby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1924!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1924 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Lou Groza: American football placekicker and offensive tackle who played his entire career for the Cleveland Browns in the All-America Football Conference and National Football League.
- Lou "The Toe" Groza AAFC: NFL tackle, kicker (Cleveland Browns).
- Louis Groza: Martins Ferry sports Champions.
- Husein Mehmedov: Bulgarian-Turkish wrestler and coach (d. 2014).
- Speedy West: American guitarist and producer (d. 2003).
- 1st Winter Olympic games open in Chamonix, France
- The 1924 Winter Olympics opens in Chamonix, France (in the French Alps), inaugurating the Winter Olympic Games.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dipper Mouth Blues - King Oliver & His Jazz Band
- Sun-Kist Rose - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?