Saturday 25 July 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 25, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ambroise-Marie Carre and Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 July 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 July 1908 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
- Ambroise-Marie Carre
- Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer: Indian musician (d. 2003).
- Ambroise-Marie Carré: French Catholic priest, author and member of the Académie française.
- Joseph Mitchell: Writer.
- Bill Bowes: English cricketer (d. 1987).
- Ajinomoto is founded. Kikunae Ikeda of the Tokyo Imperial University discovers that a key ingredient in Konbu soup stock is monosodium glutamate (MSG), and patents a process for manufacturing it.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rigoletto - La Donna E' Mobile (Woman is Fickle) - Enrico Caruso
- Summertime Medley - Prince's Orchestra
- Honey, Won't You Please Come Down? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Kiss Duet - Henry Burr