Tuesday 30 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Roemer and Leslie Webb.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nat King Cole Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1956 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Tim Roemer: (Rep-D-Indiana).
- Leslie Webb: Equestrian dressage (1996 Olympics).
- Juliet Stevenson: Essex, England -- Actress (Secret Rapture, Life Story).
- Dodgers sell Ebbets Field to a real estate group They agree to stay until 1959, with an option to stay until 1961
- Israel captures Egyptian militay post at El-Thamad.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?