Tuesday 26 July 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Walker and Jean-Marc Florand.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Street, directed by Maxwell Shane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 26 July 1955 ?
- Nicholas Walker: Bogota, Colombia -- Actor (Capitol, Jimmy- General Hospital).
- Jean-Marc Florand: French lawyer, based in Paris, an associate of Karim Achoui.
- Asif Zardari: Politician.
- Aleksandrs Starkovs: Latvian footballer and coach.
- 37th PGA Championship: Doug Ford at Meadowbrook Country Club - Detroit
- Ted Allen throws a record 72 consecutive horseshoe ringers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?