Sunday 26 September 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Ape House by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elvira's Movie Macabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed 3: Descent or Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 September
- Gloria Stuart: Actress (Rose-Titanic) / founder (Screen actors Guild).
- A clash between ethnic Bugis and Tidung (Tarakan indigenous people) claimed one life in Juwata sub-district, Tarakan, East Kalimantan. (Jakarta Post)
- 6 civilians are wounded in an explosion apparently targeting the Shiite politician Mowaffak al-Rubaie near a fuel station in Sa'doun Street, Baghdad. (Xinhua)
- Intelligence services report 7 as the death toll resulting from 2 U.S. drone aircraft missile strikes in North Waziristan. (BBC)
- The Stuxnet computer worm fails to harm the operating system of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant in Bushehr after infecting the personal computers of staff. (AFP via France24)
- The American bishop Eddie Long, who has opposed same-sex marriage, vows to tackle allegations of luring young men into sexual intercourse. (BBC)
- The Spanish government is reported to have rejected an ETA statement calling for a permanent ceasefire between the two sides. (Al Jazeera)
- The Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution cross the border into Iraq and kill 30 Kurds. (BBC)
- 2 NATO service members are killed in a bomb blast in southern Afghanistan. (AP)
- Yemen issues a list of eight alleged Al Qaeda operatives wanted for possible involvement in an attack on a Yemen police bus on Saturday in Sana'a. (Xinhua via ''Global Times'')
- America's Department of Defense (The Pentagon) admits purchasing nearly 10,000 copies of a memoir by U.S. Army Reserve officer Anthony Shaffer, destroying all of them in an effort to suppress secret information and ordering heavy redactions of the book's second printing. (CNN)
- Georgia replaces the Russian language with the English language as its second language. (Al Jazeera)
- The Peter Mullan film ''Neds'' wins two major honours at the San Sebastián International Film Festival. (BBC)
- Australian climate change activists close down the world's largest coal port in Newcastle, New South Wales. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Brandenburg bus crash:
- A tourist bus from Poland hits a bridge pillar on a highway at Schoenefelder Kreuz in Brandenburg, killing at least 12 people and injuring 40. (Xinhua)
- Prime Minister of Poland Donald Tusk visits the crash site and meets survivors. (Deutsche Welle)
- The People's Republic of China reports an outbreak of the plague in Tibet, with 5 people infected and 1 fatality. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A specially built cage is delivered to the scene of the 2010 Copiapó mining accident. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- Towns in the U.S. state of Wisconsin evacuate residents due to flooding of the Wisconsin River. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 September 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bari - Brescia : 2 - 1
- Catania - Bologna : 1 - 1
- Cesena - Napoli : 1 - 4
- Chievo - Lazio : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Mechelen : 5 - 0
- Germinal - Club Brugge : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Hannover : 0 - 1
- Wolfsburg - Freiburg : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Munich 1860 : 1 - 2
- Oberhausen - Osnabruck : 1 - 0
- Union Berlin - Duisburg : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?