Friday 26 November 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 26, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
TRON: Legacy, directed by Joseph Kosinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Pinheads And Patriots by Bill O'Reilly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing And Yet It Moves or Just Dance 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 November 2010 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 November
- Palle Huld: Danish actor (Born 1912).
- Three armed men are killed in a shootout in the Russian republic. (rferl)
- A suicide bomb explodes at a rebel Houthi procession in northern Yemen, killing several people. (''The Hindu'')
- United States country music singer Willie Nelson is charged with marijuana possession. (AP via MSN)
- Irish financial crisis. Widespread speculation that senior bondholders of Irish banks will have to take a ampquothaircutampquot -- i.e. share in the costs of an EU bailout -- leads to downgrades in the credit worthiness of the institutions that hads the most at stake in the ballooning property values of recent years. (CNBC)
- A third explosion within a week occurs at the Pike River Mine on the South Island of New Zealand, where 29 men are presumed dead. (ABC Australia)
- Korean peninsula:
- North Korea issues warnings about a planned exercise by South Korea and the United States this weekend. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- China warns the U.S. against performing any military acts within their exclusive economic zone, ahead of joint South Korean-U.S. military exercises aimed at threatening North Korea. (Reuters)
- Lebanon's Prime Minister Saad Hariri visits Iran, seeking help to prevent violence if a U.N.-backed tribunal indicts Hezbollah members for killing former prime minister, Rafiq Hariri, and 21 others in a car bombing (Reuters Africa)
- A Rwandan court reschedules the trial date of the United Democratic Forces opposition party leader, Victoire Ingabire, for another 30 days for prosecutors to complete building their case against her. (Bloomberg)
- Pakistani police arrest two Islamist militants planning a suicide bombing attack against a mosque and a government building in Islamabad. (VOA)
- Authorities in Saudi Arabia arrest 149 people with links to al-Qaeda suspected of planning attacks on government officials and journalists. (Al-Jazeera)
- Authorities find the largest cache of homemade explosives ever discovered in the United States, in two houses near Escondido, California. (Los Angeles Times)
- Human Rights Watch criticizes the punishment of Israeli soldiers who forced a Palestinian child to open bags thought to be booby-trapped as inadequate and a sign that the ampquotIsraeli military justice system will not seriously sanction soldiers convicted for offenses that are war crimesampquot. (Press TV)
- A gunman opens fire at a Kuomintang political rally in Taiwan prominent member Sean Lien is shot in the face. (''The Independent'')
- Kim Kwan-jin becomes the new Minister for Defense in South Korea, replacing Kim Tae-Young who resigned following the shelling of Yeonpyeong. (Yonhap)
- Police in the UK are seeking the power to take down websites they deem ampquotcriminalampquot, with critics worried over the lack of judicial oversight. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 November 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Gent : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Nurnberg : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 0 - 2
- Bochum - Paderborn : 3 - 0
- Frankfurt FSV - Osnabruck : 4 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ponferradina - Celta : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Officials scrambled to speed measures aimed at easing the fears of nervous lenders as borrowing costs in the euro zone’s frailer countries flirted with new highs. [..]
A $14 million windfall was lost to extravagant spending and the recession in little more than a decade. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.40
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $89.64
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.61
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.06
- 1 CHF = 6.6525 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5414 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9804 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.434 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?