Friday 27 August 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Never Let Me Go, directed by Mark Romanek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Veil Of Night by Linda Howard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms 2: Global Front or DJMAX Portable 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 August 2010 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 August
- Luna Vachon: American-Canadian wrestler and manager (d. 2010).
- Battle of Mogadishu
- The al-Shabaab rebel group in Somalia says it has called 11 truckloads of reinforcements to take over the capital Mogadishu after a week-long battle. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 43 people are killed in the violence. (Press TV)
- Police in India kill Umakanta Mahato, a top Maoist guerilla wanted in connection with the Gyaneshwari Express train derailment in May. (''Times of India'')
- Two bombs explode in the Mexican city of Ciudad Victoria, the capital of Tamaulipas, outside the municipal police station and the Televisa television station. (BNO via New Kerala)
- Ben Bernanke, the Chair of the Federal Reserve, says the United States Federal Reserve is prepared to act against the prospects of deflation but expects economic growth to continue during the latter half of 2010 ampquotalbeit at a relatively modest pace.ampquot (''New York Times'')
- The United States Department of Justice closes an antitrust probe into a proposed merger of United Airlines and Continental Airlines clearing the way for shareholders to vote on the proposal. (MoneyCNN)
- As many as 30 children die of lead poisoning in northern Nigeria. (AllAfrica.com)
- 12 people are killed in landslides after heavy rains in northern Turkey. (BBC)
- The Indus River breaches its banks near the southern Pakistan city of Thatta forcing the evacuations of hundreds of thousands of people. (ABC Online and AFP)
- A magnitude 5.7 earthquake strikes northern Iran, killing two people. (Radio New Zealand)
- Floods and landslides have killed at least 34 people in Nicaragua and affected 84,000 since the start of the rainy season on May 15. (AFP via Google News)
- Sri Lanka urges Saudi Arabia to investigate the case of a Sri Lankan maid who had nails and needles pushed into her by her employers as a ampquotpunishmentampquot. Doctors later remove 24 nails and needles from her body. (BBC)
- Muslims protest outside the United States embassy in Jakarta about plans by the Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida to burn Korans on the 9th anniversary of the September 11 attacks. (Fox News)
- France rejects criticism from the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination over its Roma removal strategy. (Xinhua)
- A draft United Nations report says crimes by the Rwandan army and allied rebels in Democratic Republic of the Congo during the Second Congo War could be classified as genocide. (Reuters Africa)
- Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter secures the release of US citizen Aijalon Gomes from North Korea. (Xinhua)
- The President of Kenya Mwai Kibaki enacts the new constitution. (Kenya Broadcasting Corporation)
- The chief investigator of the mass killing of 72 people in Mexico's Tamaulipas state has been missing since Wednesday. (BBC)
- Paul Allen's company, Interval Licensing LLC, files a patent infringement lawsuit against Google, Apple Computer, AOL, eBay, Facebook, Netflix, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples Inc., Yahoo and YouTube. (NYT)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 August 2010
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Bayern Munich : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Paderborn : 1 - 0
- Erzgebirge Aue - Bochum : 1 - 0
- Oberhausen - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Valladolid - Villarreal B : 3 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Metz : 0 - 0
- Angers - Sedan : 0 - 3
- Boulogne - Istres : 2 - 0
- Clermont - Le Havre : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?