Thursday 14 January 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Beaton and Jean-Robert Thomazo.
Don Quichotte, directed by Plamen Kartaloff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1904
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1904!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1904 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Cecil Beaton: British-American noted photographer, stage and Oscar-winning film designer and author, noted for photographs of society, film stars and other celebrities and one-time official photographer to the British royal family.
- Jean-Robert Thomazo
- Jean Thomazo: French military officer, a colonel and politician called "nez de cuir".
- Robert Thomazo: Dax Military man.
- Emily Hahn: American journalist and author (d. 1997).
- Babe Siebert: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1939).