Tuesday 27 February 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 27, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Kelly and Pierre Duchesne.
Too Many Husbands, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1940 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Barbara Kelly: CEO (Scottish Consumer Council).
- Pierre Duchesne: Canadian politician 28th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec.
- Howard Hesseman: American actor.
- Bill Hunter: Australian actor (d. 2011).
- Peter Behrens: German architect and designer.