Friday 7 June 1929US date format: 6/7/1929, UK date format: 7/6/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 7, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Turner and John Turner in Richmond.
She Goes to War, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1929 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- John Turner: Canadian politician, an important cabinet minister and Liberal Party member in the '60s and '70s.
- John Turner in Richmond: England; (Liberal) 17th Canadian Prime Minister (1984).
- Ernie Roth: American wrestling manager (d. 1983).
- John Napier Turner: Canadian seventeenth Prime Minister of Canada.
- Margaret Bondfield becomes 1st Dutch female Minister (of Labor)
- Vatican City becomes a soverign state.
- The Lateran Treaty, making Vatican City a sovereign state, is ratified.