Thursday 28 June 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willem "Wim" Sonneveld and Katherine Rawls.
Little Women, directed by Alexander Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1917 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Willem "Wim" Sonneveld: Dutch singer / actor (My Fair Lady).
- Katherine Rawls: American swimming champion (d. 1982).
- Pierre Boussard: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Vannes from 1964 to 1991.
- Grete Kittelsen: Norwegian goldsmith, enamel artist, and designer.
- Jean Millier: French arts offical, who served as president of the "Centre national d'art et de culture Georges Pompidou" (1977-1980).
- Wim Sonneveld: Dutch cabaret entertainer and actor.
- Potato entrepreneurs begins in Amsterdam
- Raggedy Ann doll invented
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - Peerless Quartet
- Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Oh! - American Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Al Jolson
- Boy Scouts of America March - Victor Military Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?