Tuesday 28 May 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Noske and Johnny Wayne.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1918 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Willem Noske: Dutch prodigy violinist, music collector and music historian.
- Johnny Wayne: Comedian (Wayne & Shuster), dies of cancer at 72.
- Tatars declares Azerbaijan, in Russian Caucasus, independent.
- Armenia and Azerbaijan declare their independence as the Democratic Republic of Armenia and the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic respectively.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?) - Al Jolson
- N Everything - Al Jolson
- K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song) - Billy Murray
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Prince's Orchestra
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Orpheus Quartet