Wednesday 28 November 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 28, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franklin Drilon .
The Bells of St. Mary's, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1945 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Franklin Drilon: Filipino lawyer and politician 22nd President of the Senate of the Philippines.
- Dwight F Davis: U.
- An earthquake in Balochistan (Pakistan) causes a tsunami and kills 4,000.
- The Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia is declared (this day is celebrated as Republic Day until the 1990s). Marshal Tito is named president.
- Assembly of the world's first general purpose electronic computer, the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer (ENIAC), is completed. It covers of floor space. The first set of calculations is run on the computer.
- General Eurico Gaspar Dutra is elected president of Brazil.
- French banks (Banque de France, BNCI, CNEP, Crédit Lyonnais, and Société Générale) nationalized.