Wednesday 28 November 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Delich Bentley and Phyllis Jenkins.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1923 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Helen Delich Bentley: (Rep-R-Maryland, 1985- ).
- Phyllis Jenkins: Literary and theatrical agent community activist.
- Ted Stevens: (Sen-R-AK, 1968- ).
- Gloria Grahame: American actress who won an Oscar as the Best Supporting actress in "The Bad and the Beautiful" 1952, and was nominated for the Oscar in "Crossfire," 1947.
- James Karen: American actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr - Just a Girl That Men Forget
- Midnight Rose - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - W.C. Handy's Orchestra
- Gulf Coast Blues - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?