Saturday 28 April 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Steffen and Adele Mara in Dearborn.
The Noon Whistle, directed by George Jeske, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1923 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Adele Mara in Dearborn: Michigan, USA; actress/singer (Cool Million, Wheels).
- Wolfgang Steffen: Composer.
- George McKee: American Air Force lieutenant general and command pilot who was commander of Air Training Command with headquarters at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas.
- George Mc: Pickins Military man.
- Carolyn Cassady: American author (d. 2013).
- William Guarnere: American sergeant (d. 2014).
- Wembley Stadium opens-Bolton Wanderers versus West Ham United (FA Cup).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel