Monday 23 April 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan "Dambuzza" and James Kirkup.
The Noon Whistle, directed by George Jeske, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1923 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- James Kirkup: Travel writer / poet / Novelist (African in Greenland).
- Nathan "Dambuzza": Mdledle; singer (played a major role in the evolution of South African music).
- Antonino Rocca: professional wrestler (d. 1977).
- Ariel Maughan: American athlete, he played pro basketball in the NBA for five seasons beginning in 1946.
- Dolph Briscoe: American lieutenant and politician 41st Governor of Texas (d. 2010).
- Avram Davidson: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Peregrine: Primus, Rork!).
- The Gdynia seaport is inaugurated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel