Monday April 23, 1923
US date format: 4/23/1923, UK date format: 23/4/1923
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Bonar Law (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nathan "Dambuzza" and James Kirkup.
The Noon Whistle, directed by George Jeske, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1923?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
- The Gdynia seaport is inaugurated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1923?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- John Steel - Lady of the Evening
- Dolly Kay - You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All)
- Original Dixieland Jazz Band - Some of These Days