Tuesday 17 April 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsay Anderson and Lon McCallister.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1923 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Lindsay Anderson: Indian-English actor director and screenwriter (d. 1994).
- Lon McCallister: American actor who received his first big break in "Stage Door Canteen," 1941, going on to star in "Home in Indiana," 1944.
- Harry Reasoner: American journalist and news anchor, one of the original anchors on the popular TV news shows, "60 Minutes.
- Etienne Bally: French Olympian, a track and field athlete, he participated in the the 1948 Olympics in London and again in the 1952 games in Helsinki.
- Solly Hemus: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Lloyd Biggle Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Silence is Deadly).
- Gianni Raimondi: Italian tenor and actor (d. 2008).
- Neville McNamara: Australian air marshal (d. 2014).
- Norman Potter: Cabinetmaker designer / writer.
- Harry Reasoner in Dakota City: Iowa, USA; newscaster (60 Minutes, ABC, CBS).
- Longest NL opening game, Phillies and Dodgers tie 5-5 in 14
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Gave Me Your Heart (So I Gave You Mine) - Great White Way Orchestra
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Runnin' Wild - Ted Lewis & His Band