Monday 30 April 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Byatt and Claude Haley.
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1923 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- George Byatt: Playwright.
- Claude Haley: French designer and engraver of postage stamps, who died on 8 March 1988.
- Al Lewis: American songwriter (Born 1901).
- Percy Heath: American bassist (Heath Brothers and Modern Jazz Quartet) (d. 2005).
- Kagamisato Kiyoji: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 42nd Yokozuna (Born 1923).
- Francis Tucker: South African race car driver (d. 2008)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 April 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?