Thursday 19 April 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lygia Fagundes Telles .
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1923 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Thomas Paine Westendorf: Composer, dies at 75.
- New Egyptian law allows suffrage for men, except soldiers.
- 27th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:23:37.4.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Gave Me Your Heart (So I Gave You Mine) - Great White Way Orchestra
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Runnin' Wild - Ted Lewis & His Band