Thursday 26 April 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 26, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Albert King and Jackie Flynt.
The Noon Whistle, directed by George Jeske, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1923!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1923 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Albert King: Musician.
- Jackie Flynt: French actress (no other biographical information is readily available).
- Gaston Comes
- English prince Albert (George VI) marries lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.
- The Duke of York weds Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon at Westminster Abbey.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- You've Got to See Mama Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mama at All) - Dolly Kay
- Lady of the Evening - John Steel