Thursday 29 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry Seinfeld and Fred Chichin.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Johnny Guitar, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Running Wild.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1954 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jerry Seinfeld: American comedian with his own top-rated TV series, "Seinfeld," that played for 140 episodes.
- Fred Chichin
- Gavan O'Herlihy
- Deborah Iyall: rocker (Romeo Void).
- Jake Carpenter: American snowboarder and businessman founded Burton Snowboards.
- Bill Paxon: American politician (Representative-Republican-New York).
- Jake Burton Carpenter: American snowboarder.
- Ernst Heldring: Dutch merchant/ship owner/financier, dies at age 82.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Happy Wanderer - Frank Weir & His Orchestra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?