Friday 29 March 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Lambert in Great Neck and Rob Hulst.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Silent Service.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1957 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Christopher Lambert in Great Neck: Long Island, New York, USA; actor (Highlander, Subway, Greystoke, Why Me).
- Rob Hulst: Dutch entrepreneur and actor.
- Christopher Lambert: American actor, a tall, handsome lead in international films.
- Elizabeth Hand: American author.
- Simon Lee: English scholar and academic.
- Joyce Cary: Irish author and painter (d. 1957).
- The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?