Monday April 29, 2019
US date format: 4/29/2019, UK date format: 29/4/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 29, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
You can also have a look at April 29 across the years.
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of April 29, 2019?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- See more
- U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announces he will resign, effective May 11. (The Washington Post)
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo has decided to relocate the nation's capital from Jakarta, on the northwest coast of Java island. The new location and timing are not yet known. Jakarta, home to over 10 million people, is sinking at one of the fastest rates in the world; almost half of its area is below sea level. (BBC) (NPR)
- A minibus carrying Turkish Süper Lig Alanyaspor football players crashes near Alanya, Turkey, resulting in the death of Czech Republic national football team international Josef Šural, while several other players are seriously injured. (The Guardian)
- North Carolina authorities have ordered evacuations covering a half-mile radius because of air quality, possibly including harmful sulfuric acid, from a massive fire at a metal recycling plant in Mooresboro. Officials say the blaze has been extinguished, as of 7:15 a.m. (BBC)
- See more
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ‘996’ Is China’s Version of Hustle Culture. Tech Workers Are Sick of It. Chinese programmers once embraced working 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., six days a week. But online, discontent is brewing. [..]
- Airlines Turn to Doctors With Goal of Limiting Long Flights’ Negative Effects There are meditation apps, exercise programs and herbal teas. Are they effective? “Standing up and walking to the restroom” may work just as well, one expert says. [..]
- See all financial news of April 29, 2019