Tuesday April 30, 2019
US date format: 4/30/2019, UK date format: 30/4/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 30, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 30, 2019?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- See more
- 2019 Japanese imperial transition: Emperor Akihito abdicates the Chrysanthemum Throne in favor of his elder son, Crown Prince Naruhito. He is the first Emperor to abdicate in over two hundred years, since Emperor Kōkaku in 1817. (The Japan Times) (The New York Times)
- Emperor Akihito abdicates the Chrysanthemum Throne in favor of his elder son, Crown Prince Naruhito. He is the first Emperor to abdicate in over two hundred years, since Emperor Kōkaku in 1817. (The Japan Times) (The New York Times)
- The Canadian ten-dollar note, featuring Canadian civil rights activist Viola Desmond, wins the International Bank Note Society award. (BBC)
- The Blackstone Group, a multinational private equity and asset management firm, has agreed to buy Geo-Young, a wholesale drug distributor in South Korea, in a deal that will retain Geo-Young's CEO, Cho Sun-hae, in her leadership role. (Reuters)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 30If April 30, 2019 is your birthday you're 1 year, 3 months, 9 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 22 days.
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- As Trade Talks Continue, China Is Unlikely to Yield on Control of Data Negotiations appear to have done little to resolve an emerging rivalry over data that the tech industry says is key to industries of the future. [..]
- Bridgewater’s Ray Dalio Tops the List of Hedge Fund Manager Compensation Mr. Dalio, who sounded an alarm this year over rising income inequality, earned an estimated $2 billion in 2018. [..]
- See all financial news of April 30, 2019