Monday April 08, 2019
US date format: 4/8/2019, UK date format: 8/4/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 8, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Sunrise in Heaven, directed by Waymon Boone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Educated by Tara Westover was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Code.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 08, 2019?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Forces loyal to the Government of National Accord retake Tripoli International Airport from the Libyan National Army. (Anadolu Agency)
- One of the vice chairmen of the GNA Presidential Council, Ali Faraj Qatrani, defects to the Tobruk-based government. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
- A warplane loyal to Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, reported to be a MiG-23, strikes Mitiga International Airport, the only functional airport in Tripoli. A LNA spokesman says civilian planes were not targeted in the air raid. (The Guardian)
- War in Afghanistan: A roadside bomb kills three U.S. troops and one civilian contractor near Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Boeing’s 737 Max: 1960s Design, 1990s Computing Power and Paper Manuals The Boeing jet that crashed twice in five months relied on decades-old systems and left pilots without some common safety features. [..]
- Buses and Trains Lack Safety Features That Are Standard Elsewhere The number of people killed in train and bus accidents is relatively low. But the nation’s top safety board says a few simple measures could cut the figures even more. [..]
- See all financial news of April 08, 2019