Friday 13 October 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Melinda Dillon and TJ Cloutier.
At the Circus, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 October 1939 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Melinda Dillon: American actress.
- TJ Cloutier
- Melinda Dillon in Hope: Arkansas, USA; actress (Close Encounters, Slap Shot).
- T J Cloutier: American poker player.
- Larry Bowie: American football player (d. 2012).
- T Cloutier: American poker player and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?