Wednesday 3 April 1929US date format: 4/3/1929, UK date format: 3/4/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 3, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fazlur Rahman Khan and Dennis Farr.
Finis terrae, directed by Jean Epstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1929 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Fazlur Rahman Khan
- Dennis Farr: director (Courtauld Institute Galleries).
- Poul Schluter: Danish politician.
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress who won an Oscar as best supporting actress for her role in "Sayonara," 1958.
- Catherine Gaskin: Novelist.
- Fazlur Khan: Bangladeshi engineer and architect co-designed the Willis Tower and John Hancock Center (d. 1982).
- Lee Leonard: American radio and television host.
- Poul Schlüter: Danish lawyer and politician 37th Prime Minister of Denmark.
- Jacques Conia: Laventie Journalist.
- Persia agrees to Litvinov Pact.
- RMS Queen Mary is ordered from John Brown & Company Shipbuilding and Engineering by Cunard Line.
- Persia signs the Litvinov Protocol.ref name=Rezun/