Monday 29 November 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 29, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna.
The Fighter, directed by David O. Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aero the Acro-Bat 2 or CSI: Unsolved.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 29 November 2010 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 November
- Mario Monicelli: Italian film director and screenwriter who had a modest debut as a co-director of a series of minor comedies.
- Stephen J Solarz: American politician (Born 1940).
- Alfred Masini: American television producer (Born 1930).
- Bella Akhmadulina: Russian poet and author (d. 2010).
- Maurice Wilkes: English computer scientist and physicist (d. 2010).
- The European Union agree to an €85 billion rescue deal for Ireland from the European Financial Stability Facility, the International Monetary Fund and bilateral loans from the United Kingdom, Denmark and Sweden.ref name=quotrescuedealquot
- December 10 ampndash The 2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference is held in Cancún, Mexico. Also referred to as the 16th Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP 16), it served too as the 6th meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 6). COP 16
- Iranian nuclear scientist Majid Shahriari is killed and his wife injured, while another scientist is wounded during two attacks in Tehran. Iran says Western governments and Israel may have carried out the killing. (Al Jazeera)
- Four Islamist militants are killed in a raid by security forces in Osh, Kyrgyzstan. (24.kg News Agency)
- Somali pirates hijack a Malaysian cargo vessel with 23 crew members 900 miles off the coast of Somalia. (Reuters)
- Pablo Picasso's electrician says he has 271 previously unknown works given to him as gifts by the artist. (BBC)
- Irish financial crisis:
- Fine Gael speaks out against the high interest rate imposed by the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank and their insistence that the country pay €17 billion out of its own national pension fund. (''The Guardian'')
- Major European stock markets record falls while the Euro suffers its biggest drop in 2 months against the US dollar. (Al Jazeera)
- The Central Bank says Anglo Irish Bank's brand name is to ampquotdisappearampquot within weeks. (RTÉ)
- Workers at the London Underground go on strike for 24 hours, causing widespread peak-hour disruption in the capital of the United Kingdom. (Guardian)
- Ash from Mount Bromo in Indonesia forces the closure of a nearby airport. (''Times of India'')
- Diplomatic cable leaks by Wikileaks reveal that China regarded North Korea as a ampquotspoilt childampquot and the view of Korean reunification under South Korean leadership is ampquotgaining groundampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Israel's ampquoteasedampquot blockade of the Gaza strip continues to cripple the Gazan economy. (BBC)
- The Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya's David Kuria criticises Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga after he announces the imminent arrest of the country's homosexuals. (BBC)
- A United States court sentences a Somali to 30 years in jail for piracy after an unsuccessful attack on a United States Navy flotilla. (BBC)
- 23 students and a teacher are released after being taken hostage for five hours by an armed 15-year-old student, who then shot and injured himself, at Marinette High School in the town of Marinette, Wisconsin, United States. (Reuters)
- 12 of the 18 candidates in Haiti's presidential election call for a cancelled vote, describing it as fraudulent and favouring the ruling party, as the UN expresses ampquotdeep concernampquot and thousands of people march in Port-au-Prince . (Al Jazeera)
- The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's largest opposition bloc, claims fraud in the parliamentary elections and says it has won no seats. (Al Jazeera)
- The Constitutional Court of Thailand dismisses a case brought against the ruling Democrat Party by the election commission, saying the commission did not follow legal procedures. (Xinhua)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 November 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Greuther Furth - Munich 1860 : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Real Madrid : 5 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Tours - Le Mans : 0 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Leicester - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?