Monday 29 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick West and Mir-Hossein Mousavi.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while This Above All by Eric Knight was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1941!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 September 1941 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Frederick West: British homicide; charged with 11 murders, nine of them with his wife, Rosemary.
- Mir-Hossein Mousavi
- Don Nix: US saxophonist (Last Night).
- Kermit Zarley: Seattle, Washington -- PGA golfer (1970 Canadian Open).
- Rich Reese: American baseball player, a left-handed first baseman who played with the Minnesota Twins (1964-1972, 1973) and the Detroit Tigers (1973).
- Fred West: British serial killer (suicide) (Born 1941).
- Friedrich Angel: German Mathematician (group theory), dies at 79.
- Joe Louis TKOs Lou Nova in 6 for heavyweight boxing title
- Million jam downtown Brooklyn to cheer NL champ Dodgers in a parade
- Nazi mass murder at Babi Jar, Soviet Union
- World War II: Holocaust in Kiev, Ukraine: German Einsatzgruppe C begins the Babi Yar massacre, according to the Einsatzgruppen operational situation report.
- WWII: The Moscow Conference begins U.S. representative Averill Harriman and British representative Lord Beaverbrook meet with Soviet foreign minister Molotov to arrange urgent assistance for Russia.
- Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Konzentrationslager Lublin (commonly known as ampquotMajdanekampquot) opens in occupied Poland on the outskirts of the town Lublin. Between October 1941 and July 1944 at least 200,000 people were killed in the camp.
- New Zealand Division of the Royal Navy becomes the Royal New Zealand Navy
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?