Monday 29 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Nix and Kermit Zarley.
The Maltese Falcon, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1941 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Don Nix: US saxophonist (Last Night).
- Kermit Zarley: Seattle, Washington -- PGA golfer (1970 Canadian Open).
- Rich Reese: American baseball player, a left-handed first baseman who played with the Minnesota Twins (1964-1972, 1973) and the Detroit Tigers (1973).
- Frederick West: British homicide; charged with 11 murders, nine of them with his wife, Rosemary.
- Fred West: British serial killer (suicide) (Born 1941).
- Friedrich Angel: German Mathematician (group theory), dies at 79.
- Joe Louis TKOs Lou Nova in 6 for heavyweight boxing title
- Million jam downtown Brooklyn to cheer NL champ Dodgers in a parade
- Nazi mass murder at Babi Jar, Soviet Union
- World War II: Holocaust in Kiev, Ukraine: German Einsatzgruppe C begins the Babi Yar massacre, according to the Einsatzgruppen operational situation report.
- WWII: The Moscow Conference begins U.S. representative Averill Harriman and British representative Lord Beaverbrook meet with Soviet foreign minister Molotov to arrange urgent assistance for Russia.
- Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Konzentrationslager Lublin (commonly known as ampquotMajdanekampquot) opens in occupied Poland on the outskirts of the town Lublin. Between October 1941 and July 1944 at least 200,000 people were killed in the camp.
- New Zealand Division of the Royal Navy becomes the Royal New Zealand Navy
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1941
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?