Monday 29 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Atkinson and Steve Forrest in Huntsville.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1924 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- David Atkinson: British air marshal.
- Steve Forrest in Huntsville: Texas, USA; actor (Ben - Dallas, SWAT).
- Giacomo Zampieri: Italy sport Champion.
- Santo Domingo joins League of Nations
- Senators clinch pennant, finishing 2 games in front of Yankees
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?